VMware vSphere 6.7 has been announced by VMware recently and there are many enhancement and new features are available with this release. Question is how we can obtain a free version of vSphere 6.7 for our non-production or testing environment.
As earlier how we used to get free license for older versions same method we have the options to generate vSphere 6.7 license. License key with no expiration date can created free at VMware’s website. You can use the “Free Hypervisor” as identical to the paid version but with some software limitations.
Also Free version has some technical Spec and limitations , find the below .
- Free ESXi cannot be added to a vCenter Server
- No commercial support
- Some API functionality is missing
- Number of logical CPUs per host: 480
- No physical CPU limitation
- Maximum vCPUs per virtual machine: 8
- If you have already a free key for ESXi 6.0 or 6.5, you can use the old key for vSphere 6.7 also.
How to Obtain Free vSphere License
- You can Login with existing account or create an account
- To Register for ESXi you have to enter your personal information .After registration, you will receive a unique license key and access to the vSphere 6.7 binaries.
- Now Download VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7 – Binaries
- You can install ESXi to your Hardware and ass the License to the ESXI host from web Client
- Login as root with the Embedded Host Client (https://<ESX IP / FQDN>/ui/)
5.Navigate to Manage -> Licensing
6. Click Assign license and enter your license key and start using the free vSphere 6.7