We published an article about VMware vSphere 6.7 Update3 announcement and now VMware releases the update 3 and it’s generally available now. There are new features and enhancements with this update let’s check
- vCenter Server 6.7 Update 3 supports a dynamic relationship between the IP address settings of a vCenter Server Appliance and a DNS server by using the Dynamic Domain Name Service (DDNS). The DDNS client in the appliance automatically sends secure updates to DDNS servers on scheduled intervals.
- you can change the Primary Network Identifier (PNID) of your vCenter Server Appliance
- With vCenter Server 6.7 Update 3, you can publish your .vmtx templates directly from a published library to multiple subscribers in a single action instead of performing a synchronization from each subscribed library individually. The published and subscribed libraries must be in the same linked vCenter Server system, regardless if on-premises, on cloud, or hybrid. Work with other templates in content libraries does not change.
- With vCenter Server 6.7 Update 3, if the overall health status of a vSAN cluster is Red, APIs to configure or extend HCI clusters throw InvalidState exception to prevent further configuration or extension. This fix aims to resolve situations when mixed versions of ESXi host in a HCI cluster might cause vSAN network partition.
- ixgben driver enhancements
- VMXNET3 enhancements
- NVIDIA virtual GPU (vGPU) enhancements
- bnxtnet driver enhancements
- QuickBoot support enhancements
- Configurable shutdown time for the sfcbd service