The VMware OS Optimization Tool helps optimize Windows 7/8/2008/2012/10 systems for use with VMware Horizon View. The optimization tool includes customizable templates to enable or disable Windows system services and features, per VMware recommendations and best practices, across multiple systems. Since most Windows system services are enabled by default, the optimization tool can be used to easily disable unnecessary services and features to improve performance.
On March 30th 2018 VMware released new version of Optimization Tool Version b1097 .
You can perform the following actions using the VMware OS Optimization Tool:
- Local Analyze/Optimize
- Remote Analyze
- Optimization History and Rollback
- Managing Templates
What’s New with Version b1097
- [Template] Issue fix – DELETEVALUE actions do not do anything
- [Template] Issue fix – DISM commands missing /NoRestart switch
- [Tool] Issue fix – Switching to another tab loses all unsaved changes
- [Tool] Enhancement – Simplify user interaction in Template Editor. Now editing template no longer requires repeated Update button click. Mac style editing is applied (Automatically save changes along with edit)
- Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016
- NET Framework 3.5, SP1.
For more information, please see the Windows Optimization Guide (PDF)