AWS Marketplace is a curated digital catalog that customers can use to find, buy, deploy, and manage third-party software, data, and services to build solutions and run their businesses. AWS Marketplace includes thousands of software listings from popular categories such as security, business applications, machine learning, and data products across specific industries, such as healthcare, financial services, and telecommunications.
In addition to category-leading products from VMware like CloudHealth, CarbonBlack, and Tanzu, we are pleased to announce that VMware Cloud on AWS is now available on the AWS Marketplace. Also, Through AWS Marketplace, VMware also offers flexible purchasing and consumption program options to deploy and manage add-on and complimentary solutions to VMware Cloud on AWS.
VMware Cloud on AWS brings VMware’s enterprise-class Software-Defined Data Center software to the AWS Cloud. It enables customers to run production applications across VMware vSphere-based private, public and hybrid cloud environments, with optimized access to AWS services. Jointly engineered by VMware and AWS, this on-demand service enables IT teams to seamlessly extend, migrate and manage their cloud-based resources with familiar VMware tools –minimizes the hassles of learning new skills or utilizing new tools.
With listing on AWS Marketplace, customers will be able to purchase VMware Cloud on AWS hosts by purchasing SPP credits through AWS Marketplace by using any of the two options below:
- AWS Marketplace Private Offers where the customer negotiates pricing and terms with VMware. Then VMware creates a private offer for the AWS account designated for the customer.
- AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Private Offers (CPPO) where customers work with the channel partners who would resell VMware Cloud on AWS by extending a private offer to customers and
Here are some of the key customer benefits of purchasing VMware solutions through AWS Marketplace:
- Faster procurement: Purchasing VMware Cloud on AWS hosts through AWS Marketplaces simplifies procurement approvals by enabling “Click to Buy” through your Master Payer Account with AWS
- Simplified billing: Customers get a single consolidated AWS invoice for all the purchases made through the AWS Marketplace with complete visibility over their spending in a single location, thus giving them a hassle-free experience.
- Cost effective procurement by leveraging dedicated AWS spend: AWS Marketplace purchases count towards customer commitments under the terms of their Enterprise Agreements. It provides customers another potential funding source to purchase VMware Cloud on AWS for vSphere-based workloads running on AWS cloud. By purchasing VMware services through AWS Marketplace, the AWS spend associated with Enterprise Agreements run down as the customer consumes VMware services that run on AWS. Thus, customers can take advantage of available AWS spend to accelerate planned projects and strategic cloud migration objectives across private cloud environments, cloud management and modernized applications.