January 2019 only Veeam announced their Latest version 9.5 Update1, details we have already shared on Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 Released With New Features . And now Veeam has released an update for this version which is Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a. Let’s check what is available with this update.
Before Doing this Upgrade
Please verify that you are running version 188.8.131.5215 prior to installing this update. Also to upgrade from 9.0 or earlier version, download 9.5 Update 4a ISO image, and consult the upgrade section of the Release Notes document.
What is available in this update
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a is a cumulative hotfix rollup that addresses issues reported by customers on the original build of Update 4, and adds the following platform support enhancements
First, after the upgrade Veeam backup & Replication build number will be changed to 184.108.40.20653 also the vendor name changed from Veeam Software AG to Veeam Software Group GmbH, reflecting the legal company name change. Please note that the name change has also resulted in a change of the code signing certificate.
First download the update from here Download
It will be a .zip file and you have to extract that to get the installation file.
Run the file from your Veeam Backup & Replication Server , click Next to continue
Click on install to start the installation
Note:- You may select the update the remote components automatically
It will take little time to complate the installation
Once completed the installation Click on Finish
After the update, you can login and verify the version and company name .
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U2 readiness
- VMware virtual hardware version 15 Support
Note:- Testing has been performed on pre-release 6.7 U2 builds, while official support will still require comprehensive testing of the GA build.
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2019 is now supported as a source for Microsoft Hyper-V VMs backup jobs.
- Dell EMC Data Domain using DD OS 6.2 is now supported as the backup repository via both DDBoost and CIFS/NFS protocols.
- New Japanese era compatibility
Update 4a resolves the following common support issues:
- Certificate verification issues cause the backup console taking to long to open, or failing to open with “Object reference not set to an instance to an object” from backup console or “Could not load file or assembly” error in the log.
- Upgrade to Update 4 fails with the “Database version downgrade detected … Reboot and restart the setup” error on machines where system time regional format uses a.m. and p.m. (lowercase with dots).
- SureBackup jobs start failing after upgrading to Update 4 due to virtual lab settings incorrectly updated by the configuration upgrade, in case of lack of free disk space in the vPower NFS cache folder.
- On Hyper-V versions prior to 2016, jobs with application-aware processing disabled fail with “The system cannot find the file specified” error.
- Backup of Windows XP SP1 VMs fails with the “Failed to call RPC function Vss.GetFileFromGADir” error.
- Various primary storage integration issues with HPE Nimble, NetApp, IBM and Dell EMC VNX storage.
- Tape support reliability issues, including a number of UI performance issues with tape management functionality.
- HPE StoreOnce Catalyst library memory leak issue (solved by updating the library to version 220.127.116.11).
- VeeamZIP™ operation incorrectly consumes a license for VMs that were previously licensed by regular backup jobs.
In addition, Update 4a addresses over 300 minor Update 4 bugs reported by customers and found during the internal testing.
Veeam Cloud & Service Provider Partners
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a also includes bug fixes for service providers offering Veeam Cloud Connect services, and managing backup servers with Veeam Availability Console. For the full change log, please see this topic on the private Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) forum.