This Page explains how to reset the root password and unlock the root account of vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 . Compare to old versions there are no more /bin/sh available on VSOM 6 , we have to use /bin/bash to enter single user mode to reset the password .
1. Open up a console session to the VM
2. Press Alt + F1 and try to login as root
You can see by the screenshot above that someone has tried many unsuccessful attempts to access the root account and subsequently it has been locked by the operating system.
3. Reboot the virtual machine
4. On the boot loader screen, leave the normal option chosen to boot into, however in the boot options we want to append the following to the string
5.Now hit Enter, and the machine will now boot into a bash shell
6. enter the command “passwd “
7. enter the new password for root .
8. Reboot the server and login with new password .