We were testing many backup tool compatibility with Hyper-V Cluster 2019, we configured 2016 earlier but the latest version not tried. In this article will take you through installing and Configuring Hyper-V Cluster in Windows 2019 Server.
- Windows 2019 Servers, You can Download from the evaluation center
- Enable hardware-based virtualization
- Disable C States (power management)
- Consider disabling all power management
- Enable the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) if your system has one.
Perform below steps on the Windows Server 2019 Servers prior to installing Hyper-V
- Perform Windows Full Update
- Update Device drivers
- Computer Name is Correct
- Join to the domain For more security
- Configure Basic networking
Hyper-V role can be installed in three ways powerShell, dism.exe, and Server Manager, here we will share the steps for power shell and a dism . We have already shared the step on the previous BlogPost – Installing Hyper-V On Windows Server 2019, you can refer this, once complete the installation of HYpe-V on Windows 2019 Servers follow below procedure to Configuring the Cluster.