Auto Deploy GUI is a front end interface to the Auto Deploy/Stateless infrastructure.
The Auto Deploy GUI is a vSphere plug-in for the VMware vSphere Auto Deploy component. The GUI plug-in allows a user to easily manage the setup and deployment requirements in a stateless environment managed by Auto Deploy. Some of the features provided through the GUI include the ability to add/remove Depots, list/create/modify Image Profiles, list VIB details, create/modify rules to map hosts to Image Profiles, check compliance of hosts against these rules and re-mediate hosts.
What is New
- Supports vSphere 6.0
- Image Profile Wizard – new VIB filter
- New PXE Host List and Boot Configuration troubleshooting tools
Note: this is the last release to include vSphere 5.0 support
- Verify that you have a supported vSphere Client installed.
- Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group on the system.
- Verify that the host machine has Windows Installer 3.0 or later.
- Verify that the system has an Internet connection.
- The Autodeploy GUI Plugin requires the Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 Framework. The .NET 3.5 SP1 installation might require Internet connectivity to download more files.
- Verify that you have at least one working vSphere Auto Deploy Server
Note : vSphere Auto Deploy is not necessary (but recommended) to use the image builder feature only .
- Download the Auto Deploy GUI Plugin zip file, extract it and double-click the AutodeployGUI5xTP_build number.exe file.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to complete the installation.
For more details on how to use Auto Deploy GUI please download and use the following guide. The guide is in the download itself, but you can also view it here:
The scope of this document is to demonstrate how to configure and use the Auto Deploy
GUI to manage stateless ESXi environments.